Now that you are eating for two, you have to be extra cautious about what you eat and what you should not. When you are bringing a new life you need to beware to the extra nutritional requirements of your body. Research studies suggest that what you eat impacts the health of your baby and also identifies your baby’s health later in his/her life.
Sweet corn is an incredibly popular veggie and is a great source of minerals and vitamins. However, is corn good during pregnancy? Corn is rich in vitamin C, B5, B1, manganese and dietary fiber that you need during pregnancy.
Can I Eat Corn While Pregnant?
Is corn safe during pregnancy? Yes! Corn is one of the cereals that you can get innovative with. This is usually referred to as maize that can be cooked in different methods. Corn has a lot of health advantages.
Corn has numerous nutrients which are good for our health. It contains:
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B1
Here are some remarkable nutritional benefits of yearning corn during pregnancy:
- Corn is abundant in fiber that eases problems like constipation, which is very common in pregnancy.
- Corn is abundant in folate. Regular consumption of folic acid reduces the threats of birth defects such as spina bafida in addition to other neutral malformations.
- During pregnancy, your thiamin requirement boosts. Corn consists of thiamin that helps the development of memory in your unborn baby.
- Corns include zeaxanthin that safeguard your baby versus muscular degeneration in the later years.
- Corns consist of patothenic acid that makes sure the correct physiological functioning of your organs in pregnancy.
Important Tips: How to Choose Corn?
To obtain the most from corns in pregnancy, you need to bear in mind the following pointers:
- While buying corns search for husks that are green in color.
- If you are trying to find fresh corn, you can examine the freshness by managing the husk and piercing the kernel with fingernail.
- If you discover small juice originating from the kernel, it is fresh. On the other hand, if it is tarnished or dented, it is not.
- Roadside corns that are exposed to high temperature cause the corn to lose a few of the sweet taste, as the sugar gets transformed to starch.
Knowing the right storage suggestions will help keep freshness of the corn for long. Here is what you can do:
- Keep the corn in the husk and put in the refrigerator.
- If you have husked the corn, put it in a plastic bag and keep in refrigerator.
- If you wish to eat fresh corn, it is much better to eat as early as possible.
Cooking Corn On Cob
While you are cooking corn, you will definitely wish to maintain all its nutrients and guarantee it does not lose its real taste. Here is how you should set about cooking corn:
- Eating corn on cob is one of the most popular ways of eating.
- Husk it just before cooking.
- It is much better to avoid salt when boiling corn, as this will strengthen the corn.
- Prepare the corn only till it is tender.
- If you wish to keep the sweet taste, make sure not to overcook it. This likewise turns the kernels difficult.
Give your baby the best possible start in life. Make certain to eat well and get the total variety of nutrients that both of you need in this stage. Follow the proper food hygiene practice and be safe whatever you prepare particularly when you are pregnant.
In case you feel uneasy after taking corn, make sure to obtain in touch with your doctor and go over the advantages and possible dangers of taking corn. These nine months of pregnancy is the time when you should consult with your health care company to make informed decisions.
We hope the above info was practical. Mamas, tell us in the remark section listed below what are various methods of including corn in pregnancy.
Have a Good Day! I Wish You Good Health!