Gastritis is the inflammation of the stomach lining. It can happen in adults and children alike. It can be a painful condition and if it is left neglected, can lead to additional gastrointestinal problems.
Determining the underlying cause of the condition is needed in figuring out a treatment prepare for the condition.
There are a number of possible causes of gastritis in kids; these include:
- H. Pylori bacteria (Helicobacter pylori). This is the most common cause of the condition in kids.
- Radiation Gastritis.
- Prolonged pain medication.
Gastritis in Children Symptoms
Symptoms of gastritis differ from individual to person, and many people have no symptoms at all. Nevertheless, the most common symptoms are nausea, vomiting, a feeling of fullness in the upper abdomen after eating, a burning or gnawing sensation in the stomach between meals or at night, indigestion, heartburn, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, dark stools and bloating.
- Tummy ache. Kids might experience pain prior to eating or after eating.
- Abdominal bloating.
- Disturbed stomach.
- Queasiness and vomiting. Parents have to keep an eye out for a coffee ground appearance to the vomit as it can represent bleeding in the stomach.
- Hunger loss.
- Problem sleeping.
- Waking up in the middle of the night from pain.
- Melena. This is black tarry stools and it can represent bleeding in the upper GI.
Home Remedies for Gastritis in Children
Gastritis can be specified as inflammation, irritation or disintegration of the lining of the stomach, referred to as the gastric mucosa. All or part of the gastric mucosa might be included, thus it can be categorized as severe or chronic.
When changing a kid’s diet for gastritis treatment, parents will need to seek advice from a nutritional expert to establish a healthy strategy.
When gastritis is caused by the H. Pylori bacteria, anti-bacterial medications are going to be the main treatment alternative.
Parents can likewise supply home care for their kids. Common natural home remedy for gastritis include:
- Baking soda with honey. The honey helps to make the baking soda a lot more tasty with kids. This mixture can help to reduce the effects of the gastric acids in the stomach providing kids remedy for pain. Just use a small amount of baking soda.
- Smaller, more frequent meals. These help especially given that uncomfortable fullness is one of the primary signs of gastritis. Smaller meals with healthy but easy to absorb foods can get kids the nutrition that they require.
- Increased fluid consumption. This is required as gastritis can cause vomiting and diarrhea which can cause dehydration.
- Calming teas (Ginger and Chamomile). These help to relieve gastric convulsions and it can help to ease pain.
Dietary changes may also be carried out and kids may have to be given a low fiber, but well balanced diet throughout of the illness.
Some foods to prevent include:
- Fatty foods.
- High fiber food items.
- Sweet carbonated beverages.
Food products that the kid has actually established intolerance for ought to likewise be prevented. Typical issue foods that can aggravate gastric include:
While there are numerous reasons people suffer from gastritis, there are 4 main causes: infection of the stomach mucosa by the Helicobacter pylori bacteria, vitamin B12 shortage, taking a lot of painkiller or other anti-inflammatory drugs, and acidic and hot foods and beverages.
The BRAT (banana, rice, apples sauce, and tea/toast). Diet can be a base, but it needs to be supplemented as it is not a well-balanced strategy.
Have a Good Day! I Wish You Good Health!