Are you confused on whether to feed your baby the Cerelac cereal range or not? If yes, then do not worry, as this is something most parents believe as soon as their beloved turns 4 months of age.
If you opt to use Cerelac, though, you’ll wish to wait up until the baby is showing interest in food in addition to can sitting up. Likewise, the baby ought to have lost the “tongue thrust” reflex so she or he is able to swallow the food easily.
The World Health Organisation suggests exclusive breast feeding for the first 6 months and continued breast feeding afterwards for as long as possible. This is since your breast milk has all important nutrients such as carbs, fat, water, sugar, proteins and antibodies that are needed for your baby. As children grow at different rates, a health specialist must encourage you, on the appropriate time to present weaning foods to your baby.
How Many Months Baby Can Eat Cerelac?
Your baby should be drinking about 6 ounces of breast milk for 4 to 6 times per day if he is 4 months old. Same rule applies to those children who drink formula milk if mother’s milk is limited. Check out to understand is Cerelac great for 4 months baby when to feed cerelac for 4 month old baby.
Cerelac is a safe baby food made by Nestle, the brand name that has gained the trust of several moms. This item is available in a vast array based on baby ages. It also has delightful range of flavors, to tingle the palate of your baby. Cerelac is an infant cereal that has a helpful probiotic called Bifidus BL. This can improve your baby’s immune and digestive systems.
Can you feed cerelac for 4 months baby? The only food that your baby needs during this stage is mom’s milk or an infant formula strengthened with iron.
Nevertheless, you can begin to acquaint cerelac baby food for 4 months baby after a few weeks. This need to only be done on the recommendation of your doctor.
You can start by feeding it with a spoon. Aim to feed one tablespoon of Cerelac in the beginning and then increase it to 2 or 3 tablespoons in the future.
6+ Cues That Your Baby Is Ready For Cerelac
As your baby grows, he will start to show few signs to let you understand that he is prepared for Cerelac. Make certain you watch for these cues while your baby is more than 4 months of age.
- Your baby has an interest in the food on your plate.
- Your baby puts his fingers in his mouth.
- Your baby’s cravings has increased or would require more milk after you breastfeed him.
- Your baby opens his mouth easily when you bring a spoon to his mouth.
- Your baby has actually got a better neck and head control.
- Your baby can sit in an upright position with support.
If you do not discover any of these signals of preparedness in your baby, then you have to await some more time.
Why Should I Not Feed Cerelac Too Early?
3 months to 4 months are necessary stages of growth for your baby. It is not suggested to start solids too early for the following factors:
- The risk of unsafe swallowing is really high as your baby’s development stage might not be complete.
- Solid foods like Cerelac may change the nutrients offered by baby formula or your breast milk, which is essential for your baby’s development and growth.
- Your baby may be susceptible to infections, illnesses, intolerance and food allergic reaction as the immune system would not be completely established.
- There may be changes in the consistency of stools passed by your baby as solid foods may not get digested totally.
Why Should I Feed Cerelac After 6 Months?
It is not recommended to delay the intro of solid foods like Cerelac after your baby has reached 6 months of age. This is because:
- Your baby may not be getting adequate amount of food to satisfy his body’s requirements.
- It would have a bad effect on his growth and development.
- Your baby may deal with issues like malnutrition or iron or zinc shortage.
- Your baby might deal with hold-up in abilities like chewing his food.
Even if you begin to feed cerelac for 4 months old baby, ensure that your breast milk remains the main source of nutrition. This will help your baby grow healthy and build antibodies in his blood.
Q. Is it ok to feed my 4 month baby with cerelac?
1. I started cerelac wheat for my woman from her 4th month onwards. She didnt hav any issue with it. However make certain u give it in really light consistency for 6 months after that u can make it thicker. The factor for me to start cerelac was she was too lively and was not drinkin milk correctly. If u do not have any problems like tat then its much better to await 6 months and after that begin solids. Its simply that some kids wouldnt have the ability to digest those foods before 6 months.
2. Its best to wait to start solids after 6 months too. and wait on wheat also, a s that can cause constipation. Has the doctor asked to start the solids? Although many medical professionals particularly advise to begin solids o ly after 6 months, some guidance earlier. Considering that u have started now, make certain u follow the 5 days guideline for each food began and give only day time meals.
Mamas, we hope that the details we put together about the right time to feed Cerelac to your baby shows useful. Please share your ideas about the article in the comments area below.
Have a Good Day! I Wish You Good Health!