A delightful summer dish, the Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Breast recipe teems with succulent flavors that satisfy taste buds, while also delivering a host of health benefits to the body. This dish not only makes chicken delicious and tender but also intensifies its nutritional profile.
Health Benefits & Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Grilled chicken breast is packed with protein, an essential nutrient for muscle repair and growth, as well as maintaining a healthy body weight. Adding lemon provides Vitamin C, enhancing the immune system and promoting healthy skin. Herbs, depending on their variety, imbue the dish with vitamins and minerals too.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C||20% of daily intake|
Creating this healthy and delicious dish is an easy process with the following ingredients:
- Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Two lemons
- A combination of your preferred herbs (for instance, thyme, rosemary, and basil)
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
How to Cook (Step-by-Step)
- Prepare the Marinade: Combine the juice of the lemons with the minced garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and herbs in a bowl. Mix them until they’re well combined.
- Marinade the Chicken: Put the chicken breasts in a resealable bag, and then pour the marinade over them. Make sure every piece of chicken is fully coated. Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Grill the Chicken: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Rest & Serve: Once done, allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving. This is best paired with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables.
1. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
Absolutely! If fresh herbs are not readily available, dried herbs are a great substitute. Use about a third of the amount mentioned in the recipe as dried herbs are more potent than fresh ones.
2. How long should I marinade the chicken?
Marinading for at least an hour is recommended. However, for the best results and deepest flavors, marinate overnight.
3. Can I cook this dish on a stovetop?
Yes, this recipe can be made both on a stove or in an oven. Simply pan-sear the chicken on both sides in a heated pan or bake at 375°F for about 25-30 minutes.
This Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Breast recipe is a must-try dish that not only tantalizes your taste buds, but also contributes significantly to your health with its rich nutritional profile. Delight in the melding of zesty, herbal flavors and savor the goodness that comes with every bite!